Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Introduction

Hello, this is my blog for the class of MMC4302.
first of all I will tell my basic information and then I'll answer the following questions.
My name is Akari Yanagisawa. I'm from Japan and now studying abroad here as an exchange student. I'm staying here for whole year,two semesters, and Spring2015 is second and also final semester for me. 
☆questions
Where you are from
- I'm from Japan as I said. My university is in Tokyo, where is capital and the place everyone may know. My home city is called Tochigi Prefecture. It is really rural area just like Gainesville and about 2 hours far from Tokyo. the place is a little inconvenient but I really like there because this is the place I was born and grew up :)

What experience you have in the media field
- I'm really interested in media world and now thinking about getting a job in that business world. I always watch TV for free time and also enjoy radio, magazines, internet and movies. My life goes along with the media every time and, honestly saying,  I can't live without media. I think now in the global world, it's not too much saying that the biggest connection between countries is MEDIA, such as TV, Movie and Internet. I really want to be a bridge of my country and other world so this world is so attractive for me :)

Any experience/interest in other countries
-As I said, now I'm inside of the different country and culture. Actually I experience different customs, foods, and people everyday. This is the first time for me to come to America but before I have been to South Korea as travel and Australia for short home staying. My memory of Australia is so impressive for me, so I had decided to do long studying abroad to English speaking country someday since I was 12. It is so attractive for me and makes me grow up that I spend some time outside of own country. I really love my country but love other countries as well, so I want to be the person who are standing between countries.

Your field of study
- My major is intercultural/English Communication in Japan and now Im studying communication and media here. My interesting is words of "Intercultural", "communication", and "media". World communication System is so impressive for my curious that I'm looking forward of taking this class.

Your post-graduation plans
- I will get a job, which is really common in Japan, especially students of humanity major. So I need to think about my future job almost now, and looking for the job in media world, like broadcasting place, advertising or internet companies. But also I want to continue studying languages, especially English, Chinese and Korean. Learning language and communicating people with their language is so impressive foe me :)

Your hobbies/interests
- I have some hobbies, like playing sports, going to karaoke, listening to music and so on. Especially I really like to listening to music from all over the world, like Japanese, western countries, and South Korea. These musics have each characteristics and I enjoy each of them. My most interest is of course WORLD and COMMUNICATION. I like to talk with people from different countries and about their own culture or another. it is so interesting, isn't it? ;)

Something else you want to share
-Finally I want to show the Japanese media's peculiar trend in 2014. A lot of trending things are born every year at Media world, and Japan has an award for trending word, which is given to the most effective word for Japanese people in a year. Then I introduce 2014's Top Prize. Look at this picture. ⇩

These 2 women got a Top award in 2014. I really know you have no idea about them at all. They are female comedian. The right side, which has the white face women and smiling man (Just in case, people in these two pictures are same), is their style for making people laugh. As I said, they had an award of trending word, so they have a impressive spell word. That is "Dameyo, Dame, Dame~" It means " No way, no,no~" Just it. In my opinion, in Japan, simple word more tend to be trending somehow.  I think it's interesting for other countries' people especially, because the sense of humor depends on culture so much. So I wanted to share a little bit of my country's humor.
If you are interested them, I will put the movie's link which they challenged to translate their show into English. First part is Japanese original version and then they try to translate into English version.(around from 4:10) The thing is their Skill of English is terrible. hahaha  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment